22 Jun Nick EllisLL.B., LL.M. (Applied Law) - Senior Associate
Nick practises exclusively in family law, but has a complementary background in property law (including conveyancing), wills & estates and commercial transactions. Nick is a skillful advocate for our clients and has a strong focus on achieving sensible and commercial outcomes.
Nick’s areas of practice include:
- complex financial matters;
- spousal maintenance and child support;
- pre-nuptial agreements and binding financial agreements;
- parenting matters, including relocation;
- Family Court and Federal Circuit Court litigation; and
Nick holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Master of Laws (Applied Law). He is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria’s Family Law Maintenance & Property Committee and co-chairs the Junior Family Lawyers Working Group.
In addition to Nick’s day to day practice, Nick has an interest in academic research and the latest developments in family law. Nick’s article on the High Court verdict in Stanford v Stanford was published in the Jan/Feb 2013 edition of the Law Institute Journal.