Location: Melbourne CBD
Experienced Lawyer | Media & Entertainment team | Full-Time
This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of Australia’s leading Media & Entertainment Law firms.
Marshalls Dent Wilmoth Lawyers is seeking to recruit an experienced Lawyer to join their dynamic Media & Entertainment team.
As a valued member of the team you will be involved in a variety of matters pertaining to the media & entertainment industry including television, film, the performing arts and new media.
We are looking for candidates who have familiarity with the media and entertainment industry and experience with:
- commercial law and intellectual property
- state and federal Government funding bodies including reviewing and negotiating funding agreements
- closing complex financial transactions for film and television productions including drafting, reviewing and negotiating sales agency agreements, distribution agreements, interparty agreements, investment agreements and loan documents
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating all forms of underlying rights agreements including option agreements, writer’s agreements, workshop agreements and familiarity with industrial agreements such as the MATA, SASA and CTA
- drafting cast and crew contracts and knowledge of industrial agreements including the ATRRA
Our ideal candidate will have:
- a demonstrated ability to work autonomously, successfully to deadlines, while balancing multiple and possibly competing tasks
- excellent skills in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and legal agreements which meet client needs
- excellent organisation and communication skills
- The drive to keep up to date with changes and developments in law and industry standards and practices
- self-motivation to continually develop industry networks and your own client base
- A proven team approach
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we encourage all eligible candidates to apply early to avoid missing out. To register your interest please fill in the form below or forward your cover letter and resume to Jacinta Maude, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jacinta on 0407 271 263 for a confidential discussion.
A note to recruiters: Marshalls Dent Wilmoth does not accept unsolicited CVs or responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited CVs. Thanks!