Alex Lenga (Shaw) LL.B. (Hons)
Alex is a Senior Associate + Strategy and Transformation Manager. Alex has a focus on commercial contracting, food & beverage law, intellectual property protection, consumer law, and media and advertising, across a range of industries.
Alex works with clients in a broad range of industries, including large international food manufacturers and retailers, healthcare providers, media and advertising, and technology.
Alex’s key experience includes:
- Preparing and negotiating complex commercial agreements, including supply, manufacturing, labour hire, sponsorship and ambassador agreements, and food-industry specific agreements
- Providing advice on goods labelling, with a risk-based, commercial approach, including FSANZ Code and TGA compliance, country of origin and import/export requirements, and general consumer law requirements to manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and retailers
- Responding to and negotiating government tenders
- Advising charities and businesses in regards to fundraising compliance, trade promotions, advertising compliance, and influencer and ambassador arrangements
- Negotiating complex agreements with government bodies regarding the supply of apparel, equipment, and weapons
- National liquor licence advice for wholesale, online, and retail sale
- Assisting established businesses and start-ups with intellectual property protection (both national and overseas), including trade mark registration, licensing, infringement, and enforcement
Alex is a commercial lawyer with a focus on intellectual property, food & beverage compliance, consumer law, and marketing & advertising law.
Bachelor of Law (Honours)
Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
Member of the Law Institute of Victoria.