John Boyle Accredited Business Law Specialist
John’s areas of expertise include:
- Acquisition and sale of businesses
- Advice to directors and shareholders on compliance; issues with the current Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and shareholder disputes
- Magistrates Court and Supreme Court appeals
- Property law matters
- Part IV deceased estate disputes
- Estate planning and superannuation law which includes reviewing existing Wills, testamentary trusts, taxation advice, use and implementation of medical treatment decision maker and financial Powers of Attorney
- Administration of deceased estates including advice on Grants of Representation and related issues
- Pro bono advice to incorporated associations including sporting clubs
John was admitted to practice in March 1980. John has built up his own practice which he sold before taking up several roles in New York, most notably with Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen and Katz, a large mergers and acquisitions firm.
John returned to Australia and joined the firm as a senior consultant in March 2007. His regular attendance at study groups and conferences ensures his knowledge of commercial law and other areas of expertise remain current.
Bachelor of Laws
Accredited Commercial Law Specialist
John is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, Commercial Discussion Group, Western Suburbs Law Association, Royal Yacht Club of Victoria and the Footscray Cycling Club.