17 Jul Josh KaplanLL.B., B.A. - Senior Associate
Josh is a property and corporate/ commercial lawyer who has worked for clients in a broad range of industries, including the retail, health services, information technology, media, property and construction industries.
From June 2012 until September 2013, Josh was seconded to work on a part-time basis as legal counsel at Iron Mountain Australia Pty Ltd, a multinational company engaged in the business of records management and data protection. During his secondment Josh was the sole in-house legal practitioner at Iron Mountain Australia and was the first port of call for all internal legal issues.
Josh’s area of expertise with respect to property law includes transactions in property assets such as due diligence, commercial leasing and various land use agreements, acquisition, structuring, planning, construction and sale of ‘off the plan’ developments for commercial and residential development.
Josh’s other areas of expertise includes:
- Providing strategic advice to start- ups including with respect to business structures and governing documentation, funding rounds, exit transactions, shareholder/ unitholder agreements and the negotiation and drafting of supply arrangements and other procurement contracts
- Assisting corporate clients:
- with drafting, negotiating and settling complex commercial documents, including:
- business and share sales, acquisitions and investments (including due diligence and providing strategic advice on such sales)
- corporate structuring and shareholder/ unitholder agreements
- in relation to compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, including under Australian consumer law and privacy legislation
- in relation to finance documentation, including complex finance arrangements and asset protection issues