23 Apr Kieran BestB.A. (Hons), J.D., Grad Dip LP - Lawyer
Kieran holds a Bachelor of Arts (Degree with Honours) and a Juris Doctor, both from the University of Melbourne and a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice. He was admitted to practice in 2016.
Kieran practises predominately in the area of commercial litigation. He has acted for clients in all Victorian courts and tribunals and key federal jurisdictions.
Kieran prides himself on his ability to provide strategic advice to clients at all stages of a dispute by combining his technical legal skills, his ability to master the details of a dispute, and an appreciation for the pragmatic and commercial needs of his clients.
Kieran’s areas of practice include:
- contractual disputes;
- debt recovery;
- claims under the Australian Consumer Law
- personal and corporate insolvency including advising liquidators, trustees, and administrators;
- franchise disputes;
- building and construction disputes;
- actions relating to real property including mortgage enforcement proceedings, sale and leasing disputes including actions under the Retail Leases Act 2003 (Vic), summary applications for possession, co-ownership disputes, and caveat removal; and
- loan and guarantee claims including claims relating to mortgages and other securities.
In addition to his practice in commercial litigation, he has also developed expertise in assisting registered training organisations (RTOs) in regulatory and compliance proceedings before the AAT. Working with MDW’s RTO and Education team, he has achieved excellent results for clients facing adverse regulatory decisions.