Marco Angele B.A. J.D. Grad Dip LP
Marco is a senior commercial, media and entertainment lawyer with particular focus on providing advice that is business orientated and outcome driven. His expertise includes commercial contracting and procurement, transactions, fundraising and intellectual property.
Marco advises clients predominantly from the technology, media and entertainment industries. Recently, he has acted for leading television and film production companies, media content distributors, festivals and hospitality venues.
Marco has extensive experience in:
- Drafting and negotiating client and subcontractor service agreements – covering professional services, IP licensing and procurement agreements.
- Leading the delivery of legal services on a number of feature films and television series.
- Structure and document project based investment and financing – harmonising private investment, government funding and tax rebate schemes.
- Advising on corporate and contractual disputes – devising dispute strategies to enable early and effective resolutions.
- Managing client corporate matters – drafting and negotiating shareholder agreements, joint venture agreements, equity investment and corporate restructure.
- Advising financiers on cross-boarder loan and investment transactions in the media industry, and coordinating security interests.
- Advising on intellectual property clearances for recording and broadcast of live events.
Marco has led the delivery of legal services on a number of feature films and television series. A list of these can be found at his IMDb.
Marco joined the firm in 2015, and has worked in the commercial, litigation and media teams providing general commercial and intellectual property advice to clients.
From August 2016 to August 2017, Marco undertook a part time secondment #Corporateadvice advising start-up clients (Pre-Seed to Series C) on equity investment, intellectual property, corporate structure and employment law.
Bachelor of Arts
Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice