In light of the unprecedented challenges to the global economy as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and further to the latest announcement by Prime Minister Scott Morrison on Wednesday 18 March 2020, we wanted to share with you some important information.
At marshalls+dent+wilmoth lawyers, we remain committed to supporting all staff members and clients throughout this time. This includes assisting clients with strategies and other commercial advice to help them navigate the current circumstances.
We have been very fortunate that there have been no reported cases of employees who have contracted COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19. Accordingly all of our physical offices in Melbourne CBD, Mornington and Benalla remain open.
The positive steps that we have taken to minimise the risk of exposure to our employees, clients, referrers and their families are aligned with recommendations from government health authorities. These are:
- We have taken extra precautions to ensure our offices are clean and hygienic environments for everyone in accordance with recommended practices from health authorities specifically tailored to addressing COVID-19.
- Employees who feel unwell are asked to stay at home and to seek medical advice immediately. On any positive diagnosis of COVID-19, employees must remain in self-imposed quarantine for 14 days and until they are otherwise deemed medically fit.
- We have followed the government travel restrictions which include the mandatory isolation periods for all employees returning from international travel and prohibiting non-essential travel. We have banned any international business travel.
- We have segregated the office and asked employees who are able to work from home to work remotely until further notice, that includes all staff working from home on a rotational basis.
- We will continue to keep you informed with respect to any scheduled meetings at our offices, including rolling out video conferencing measures as much as possible.
- We will only permit visitors to our office who are able to satisfy us that they:
- do not have flu-like symptoms;
- have not been in contact with any person suspected of having or have tested positive to COVID-19; or
- have not travelled to any high-risk destinations in accordance with the latest health authority guidelines.
We will continue to monitor and evaluate the risk posed by COVID-19 and will keep you updated.
Our thoughts are with all of our valued clients and we remain committed to ensuring that we, along with all of our clients, face these challenges together.