marshalls+dent+wilmoth’s Property team, coupled with the firm’s Hotel, Leisure and Tourism industry group, have successfully acted on in excess of $200 million worth of commercial property transactions in the first half of 2018.
In what is a clear signal of the firm’s strength in the commercial property industry generally, Jeffrey Pinch (Principal) together with Senior Associates Josh Kaplan and Briget O’Callaghan and senior conveyancing team members Lee Matthews and Sarah Imad have advised on the following transactions:
- The sale of the heritage listed Duke of Wellington Hotel and the adjoining office tower in Russell Street, Melbourne.
- The sale of the 65 room Adina Hotel (which comprises popular whisky bar Eau-De-Vie) in Flinders Street, Melbourne.
Both assets were sold for a combined sale price of close to $100 million.
The firm has also recently been involved in the following significant transactions nationwide:
- Acted for Singaporean based Wee Hur Group on its $35 million purchase of 183 -189 A’Beckett Street, Melbourne.
- Acted for vendor in sale of Urban Hotel, Brisbane.
- Acted for syndicate of private investors in $35 million purchase of the Northcote Central Shopping Centre.
“We have been pleased to act for a range of vendors and purchasers on their sales and disposals of some significant real estate assets Australia wide so far in 2018. We are certainly buoyed by the level of activity in the market,” comments Jeffrey Pinch.
“We are also pleased to have acted on all stages of these transactions, from the necessary vendor or purchaser due diligence through to settlement.”