12 Sep Josh Kaplan promoted to Principal
We are delighted to announce the promotion of Josh Kaplan to Principal.
Josh commenced at what was then known as Marshalls+Dent Lawyers in June 2012 and has demonstrated a wealth of experience practicing in corporate/commercial and property law working alongside Managing Partner, Jeffrey Pinch.
Josh works for clients in a broad range of industries, including the retail, health services, information technology, media and property sectors, and acts for clients ranging from fast growing scale up companies to medium sized enterprises to some of Australia’s best known social media influencers.
Outside of work, Josh enjoys market shopping and coffee drinking with his wife, undertaking whiskey tasting trails both here and overseas, and his work co- founding a coterie group made up of professionals and entrepreneurs associated with the Carlton Football Club which commenced in 2012.
Significant transactions include:
Corporate/ Private M&A
Josh acted for:
- sellers of major BMW motor vehicle dealership in Melbourne to an ASX listed company
- sellers of major BMW motor vehicle dealership in Adelaide to an ASX listed company
- founders of major Asian fusion inspired fast food franchise in first and subsequent investment rounds
- founders of national physiotherapy practice in their national expansion and eventual exit
- owners of large supplier of gas log fire places: in the sale of all of their interests in the company to an internationally listed company
- owners of national recreational service provider: on the corporate reorganisation and restructure of their interests and subsequent investments
- owner of successful green tea retailer and social media business on a corporate restructure of that business
Josh acted for:
- vendors on the sale of the heritage listed Duke of Wellington Hotel and the adjoining office tower in Russell Street, Melbourne
- vendors on the sale of the 65 room Adina Hotel (which comprises popular whisky bar Eau-De- Vie) in Flinders Street, Melbourne
- a syndicate of private investors in the recent purchase of a major shopping centre in Melbourne’s Northern suburbs
- private major landholder and hotel management company on a number of their recent transactions, including the sale of their interest in The Grand Hotel Melbourne and Hotel Urban Brisbane and a supermarket complex in Scoresby Victoria
- a Singaporean based investment company on its due diligence on a number of acquisitions in the Melbourne CBD, including a recent $35 million purchase in the northern part of the CBD
Jeffrey Pinch commented on Josh’s recent promotion:
“Josh has demonstrated continued growth, leadership and commitment to his clients and the firm. He is highly respected in the firm and provides a great amount of mentoring to his team. We welcome Josh to our partnership with open arms”.