Briget O’Callaghan BCom, LL.B. Grad Dip LP
Briget is a Principal in our Commercial and Property team who specialises in residential, commercial property acquisitions and disposals, hotel and serviced apartment management, franchising, refurbishment, and strata and community title management.
Significant recent transactions include:
- Sale of the Grand Hotel, Melbourne
- Sale of the Urban Hotel, Brisbane
- Advised Wee Hur in the acquisition of A’Beckett Street, Melbourne
- Advised in relation to the refurbishment of the Novotel, Geelong
- Advised Raadas in relation to the development of the Vibe Hotel, Hobart
- Advised in relation to the refurbishment and rebranding of the Pullman Melbourne on Swanston Street
- Sale of the IBIS Little Bourke Street, Melbourne
- Advised National Affordable Housing Consortium in relation to the purchase of 100 newly constructed apartments in Melbourne for social housing
Briget joined the Commercial and Property team at marshalls+dent+wilmoth lawyers (Marshalls + Dent) in April 2014 after completing her graduate traineeship at a mid-tier Melbourne law firm. During her traineeship, Briget rotated in Commercial Litigation, Commercial, Property and Family Law.
Clients who Briget work with include developers, hotel operators, managers, non-for-profits, investors, landlords, tenants and owners corporations.
First Class Honours in Law/Commerce (Majoring in Accounting) from Monash University.
Briget is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, The Quill Club and Young Carlton Professionals.